The Day of Surgery
If you are unable to keep your appointment or you are delayed, please contact the Center immediately at (954) 900-3382.
- Plan to arrive approximately one hour prior to surgery. Free parking is available and transportation can be arranged if necessary.
- Leave all jewelry and other valuables at home as we cannot be responsible for their safe-keeping.
- Bring your driver’s license or identification card, and health insurance cards or forms with you. You may also be asked to bring your co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible.
- Choose low-heeled shoes and loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to put on and take off, and easily folded. Avoid garments that pull over your head. Sleeves and legs should be loose enough to fit over bandages if necessary.
- Remove contact lenses, all makeup and nail polish.
- If you are taking regular medications, please bring them with you so that our anesthesiologists can see exactly what medications you are taking.
- You may shower or bathe as you normally would.
If applicable, bring the following items with you:
- Contact lenses or eyeglasses in a protective case
- Hearing aid
- Crutches or walker
Please register at the front desk upon arrival. You will be escorted into the pre-operative area where your pulse, temperature, respiration, and blood pressure will be taken. You will be asked to change into a gown provided by the Center, and your clothes will be placed in a secured area until you are ready to be discharged. Your anesthesiologist and surgeon will visit with you prior to surgery.
Depending on the type of surgical procedure and other factors, you may walk into the operating room for your procedure, and anesthesia will be administered there. After your procedure is completed, you will be moved to a recovery area until you are ready to go home. Here, you will be given something to eat and drink, and one visitor may join you.
Children must not be left unattended in the Reception Area, and will not be permitted in restricted areas for their own safety and the safety of our patients. If you choose to bring children along to the Center, please make certain that they have adequate supervision.
Why choose CCOSC?
- A state-of-the-art multispecialty ambulatory medical facility
- The most advanced technology and the latest minimally invasive techniques
- High-quality care in a friendly and stress-free setting
- Talented and experienced physicians
- Highly trained and professional staff
- Convenient location
While the national average of patient satisfaction at surgical centers is at 92% and hospitals are at 84%, our patient satisfaction is at 97.2%. This is because our center has highly dedicated and friendly staff and top-notch physicians in the industry.